Monday, May 21, 2007

Sayonara!

~It's been almost a month since I returned to America, and it's about time to wrap this blog up. I enjoyed my time in Japan immensely, and I also enjoyed sharing my experiences with my readers. As a final foray into retrospection, here I'll list a few things about Japan that I miss, and that I don't miss:

I miss...the wonderful friends I made in Japan.

I don't miss...not being able to read bus schedules. Kanji overload!

I miss...my fun students and the games we played.

I don't miss...my insane students and their clueless parents.

I miss...the beautiful mountains and sunsets.

I don't miss...the earthquakes.

I miss...the many festivals of Nagaoka.

I don't miss...most Japanese food. Never developed much of a taste for it. Except...

I miss...koshihikari rice. On second thought, perhaps the local Asian Market carries it...

~There's a lot more to it than that, of course, but if you've followed this blog, then you understand. I'll leave it up as a sort of exhibit about my time abroad. Perhaps I'll start a new blog, when I embark on my next great adventure, whatever that may be. Thanks for reading! ~Sayonara.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home