Monday, April 16, 2007

O-Hanami

~I've moved out of my apartment and into the erronously-named "Business Hotel" in Nagaoka, which lacks internet sevice. So unfortunately, I won't be posting any pictures until I get back. I did, however, notice yet another amazing vending machine in the hotel: a sake vending machine, which dispenses sake into disposable cups. Brilliant!

Yesterday I attended an "O-hanami", which is a party for viewing cherry blossoms. It was held at a large park in Nagaoka surrounded by beautiful cherry trees in full bloom. Traditionally, you're supposed to spread out a large blue mat under a cherry tree, sit on it in a circle, and drink sake while toasting one another's health. Since there were kids at the party, we skipped the sake and instead played games. Let me tell you, those Brazillians are disturbingly good at soccer... ~Oyasumi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home