Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Your Command is My Wish

~Remember a time, over a decade ago, when the Russians were our worst enemies? Now they're our bestest friends in the world, but it wasn't always so. Imagine, if you will, an alternate timeline, where things are just a little different...


^ This has got to be the single greatest game introduction movie of all time. Almost every line of this ridiculously overblown movie is comedy gold. It's so good that several lines have become part of my own lexicon, just like the AFI's list of the best 100 movie quotes (despite the disturbing lack of "Game over, man, game over!" on the list). Here are some of the ones that I, in my insanity, have actually used:
  • "Why Mr. ----, whatever do you mean?"
  • "We're supposed to be allies, you maniac!
  • "I have my legacy to consider!"
  • "I don't give a wooden nickel about your ----!"
  • "Oh, don't be so sure, Mr.----."
  • "No, comrade ----, it has merely begun."
...and in college, I sometimes answered the phone to, "Missile Command!"

You know, if only the voters in that alternate timeline had voted in Michael Wilson for President of the United States, those commies would have never stood a chance. They'd probably be too afraid to attack in the first place. ~Oyasumi!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home