Thursday, December 07, 2006

Dare I Ask?

~While walking around Nagaoka station, I noticed that a strange...something has been placed near the main entrance. For the life of me, I can't guess what it is. Here's a picture:

^ Is this some kind of doghouse? A wishing well, perhaps? And what's with the doll on the left? I honestly have no idea. The katakana over the "entrance" reads "Tooa..." followed by some kanji that is unrecognizable to me. Seeing this made me think, "Nan des ka??" (What is it?).

Does anyone care to venture a guess as to the purpose of this object? ~Oyasumi!

2 Comments:

At Friday, 08 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are a few guesses: 1. An oven with lady ready to bake a holiday feast 2. a shogun castle with drawbridge 3. a fireplace waiting for Santa-san to climb down with a sack full of presents 4. a trick designed to confuse & confound clueless gaijins 5. all of the above. Take care grasshopper - can you walk on rice paper without tearing it yet?

 
At Friday, 08 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im gonna go with its a portal to some alternate dimension where lots of really kewl stuff happens and the world is ruled by Canada.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home