Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Serve the Hive

~Among the many textbooks I use at work is a storybook for young children called "Anna's Rocket". The story involves a girl named Anna (oddly enough), who draws a picture of a rocket which somehow becomes real and takes her on all sorts of scientifically-improbable adventures. The idea is that students are supposed to listen to the accompanying CD, memorize a single page, and write down the page in class.

Today, while one of my students was writing the passage, I actually took the time to read the text...and couldn't stop laughing:

^ Why, you might be asking yourself, did David find this so funny? If you're in my age group, the answer is obvious, but for everyone else, let me make it plain for you:

^ Serve the Hive, Feel the Groove! That's right, it's the Zerg, one of the three playable races is the hit strategy game StarCraft. Now, when do we get StarCraft 2?

Just because I'm feeling evil today, here's an extremely disturbing image that I stumbled across in the dark, festering pits of the Internet:

~Oyasumi!

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, 25 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, where in the story does Anna get a pule rife?

 
At Thursday, 26 October, 2006, Blogger David said...

Great, now I'm tempted to "add" a new section to the story, where Zerg are "commin' outa the goddamn walls!" and Anna's solution is to arbitrarily exterminate the entire species.

 
At Thursday, 26 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! I can only imagine what would happen if you decided to write a kids book.

One last question: does the book end with "game over, man, game over! What the F*$k are we gonna do now?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home